THE TEXTBOOK: James C. Young, David M. Maloney, Annette Nellen, Mark B. Persellin, Andrew D. Cuccia
South-Western Federal Taxation: Comprehensive Volume, 2022 Edition
45th Edition. ( I CAN’T DOWNLOAD THE TEXTBOOK)
Introduction and Basic Tax Model
An Introduction to Taxation and Understanding the Federal Tax Law
CHAPTER ONE QUESTIONS.
1) This textbook includes many features beyond the text materials in each chapter. For example, a glossary is included in the appendices and the end of each chapter contains a list of key terms. Skim through the chapters, appendices, and any other supplemental materials required for your course, and identify two special features. For each, explain what it is and how it can help you understand taxation in this tax course.
2)In the following independent situations, is the tax position of the taxpayer likely to change? Explain why or why not.
a) John started renting out a spare room in his home.
b) Theresa quit her job as a staff accountant and established her own practice as a CPA
c) Paul’s employer transferred him from its California office to an office in Florida.
3)Marvin is the executor and sole heir of his aunt’s estate. The estate includes her furnished home, which Marvin is considering converting to a rental property to generate additional cash flow. What are some of the tax considerations Marvin may confront? Critical Thinking
4) Distinguish between taxes that are regressive and those that are progressive.
5) Many state income tax returns contain checkoff boxes that allow taxpayers to make donations to a multitude of local charitable causes. On what grounds has this procedure been criticized?
6) One of the tax advantages of hiring family members to work in your business is that FICA taxes are avoided. Do you agree with this statement? Explain.
7) Brianna, a calendar year taxpayer, files her income tax return for 2020 on February 3, 2021. Although she makes repeated inquiries, she does not receive her refund from the IRS until May 28, 2021. Is Brianna entitled to interest on the refund? Explain.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more